KhaNgwe Intelligent Technology Solutions (KNITS) was established in 2013 with the aim of job creation, skills development and giving back to underprivileged communities. Since we started our operations, one of our reasons for existence is empowering underprivileged communities with resources, support and skills required for comfortable living.
Our aim is to become a benchmark in contributing towards addressing socio economic inequalities and its triple challenges (poverty, inequality and unemployment) by adopting the following key strategic approach:
- Participation of Local Enterprise
- Job Creation
- Skills Development
- Social Responsibility
KNITS commits to maximise opportunities available for the development of local communities within our area of operation and where we will be executing projects; in order to achieve:
- Positive Economic Growth
- Knowledge and Skills Transfer
- Growth and Sustainability of local SMMEs
Since commencement of our operations, we recruit interns every 18 to 24 months with an intention of permanent employment after internship, to date we have had over 10 internship intake. To also address gender imbalance in the engineering industry which is currently male dominated, over 50% of our internship intake has been females from previously disadvantaged background.
At KNITS social responsibility is a commitment to perform a significant role in the transformation of our communities in its broadest context directly and/or through our partners. Together, with our partners, we are committed to an ongoing role in community development and social responsibility projects.
One of KNITS social responsibility programs is The Trinity Drive which comprises of three fold initiatives namely;
- The Back to School Drive: Each year we are committed in donating school uniform to underprivileged learners
- The Winter Drive: Each year we are committed in donating winter clothing and blankets to the senior citizens (elderly people) in the community.
- The Festive Drive: Each year we are committed in donating festive groceries and shopping vouchers to disadvantaged families.